WINE STORAGE DC
Since opening our doors in autumn 2012, our team has been assisting DC metro area wine collectors with every aspect of their fine wine collections’ life cycle. Originally the service department for a Rolls Royce dealership, this subterranean warehouse lies 20 feet below the streets of DC’s Van Ness neighborhood. In early 2012, the space underwent a complete remediation and restoration resulting in a wine storage warehouse of the highest standards. Domaine DC is easily accessible from the Red Line and nearly every neighborhood in the metro area.
Domaine is one of the few operators in the country to offer receiving, inspection, inventory and packing services as well as wine shipping consolidation. Our full-service experience is designed to take away the time consuming details that come with wine collecting so that you can simply enjoy your wine. Stop in any time for a tour or to talk wine. Our warehouse and lounge are safe, clean and beautiful, and someone is always around to chat wine!
DOMAINE WINE STORAGE DC: SERVICES
Wine Storage Units:
Domaine DC is designed to secure dedicated lockers in increments of 18 – 28 cases, or to store smaller collections in a secured bulk area accessible only by Domaine staff. A limited number of large cages are also available . Each client has access to the entire suite of services Domaine offers and can choose from two distinctive pricing structures: Standard or Premiere.
DOMAINE STORAGE CLIENTS STANDARD AND PREMIERE SERVICES
- Access to a staff of knowledgeable wine professionals with no less than 5 years’ experience in the industry
- Complimentary handling of incoming and outgoing cases; (no “in and out” fees)
- Coordination, confirmation and inspection of all case deliveries
- Placement of deliveries into a secure locker accessed only by our warehouse managers
- Access to our worldwide temperature-controlled shipping network
- Consolidation from nationwide vendors
- Access to our Tasting Room and Lounge
- A fully stocked wine library with all major publications and important reference books
PREMIERE CLIENTS ENJOY THESE ADDITIONAL SERVICES
- Complete inspection of each bottle received
- Detailed confirmation of each delivery including vendor, case amount and bottle description
- Management of any packing and shipping discrepancies between vendor and customer
- Inventory of each box delivered into CellarTracker, providing client access to online inventory, scores, tasting notes, drinking ranges and valuations
- General organization of client locker
- Bottle pulls and packing upon request
- An alternative storage option for clients with a maximum of 15 cases
DC WINE STORAGE: PICKUP AND DELIVERY
Pick-up and Delivery Services: DC wine storage has never been easier. We provide pickup and delivery on a regularly scheduled basis from Domaine DC to client-requested homes and businesses via our own temperature-controlled vehicles.
Access: Domaine DC is easily accessible from the Red Line and nearly every neighborhood in the metro area. For convenience, key cards allow access from 6:00am-10:30 pm daily, while our staff receives notification each time someone enters after business hours. Enter the warehouse through the back of the building with alley access to drive-in and walk-in doors. Parking is available in the warehouse ramp or in the Van Ness Center at Veazey Terrace.
DOMAINE WINE STORAGE DC: SECURITY
Security: Our staggered systems maintain warehouse temperatures of 54° – 56° and 60% – 70% humidity and are continuously monitored. Our refrigerated wine storage facilities are secured in a variety of methods including layered security doors and alarm sensors. Perimeter, motion, heat, smoke, and humidity detectors have been installed throughout the facility with all sensors and control panels wired to backup power. In addition, there are backup transmitters should damage occur to wired telephone systems. Any change in status inside the building is immediately transmitted to our monitoring company and the police.
Since founding the company, Domaine has invested heavily in redundant systems, preventive maintenance and best practices to keep your wine safe, taking the extra precautionary steps of extensive testing to ensure the complete absence of vibration in our facilities.
Generator: A 25-kilowatt Generac generator hooked to an automatic transfer switch senses any drop from local utility service. The natural gas generator is tested weekly and sized sufficiently to power the entire building indefinitely including cooling units, security system and computers.
Insurance: As a Domaine customer, you have access to the industry’s leading wine insurance program. Due to our volume of coverage, rates are very competitive and include extremely comprehensive features. The policy is large enough to cover your collection; our program currently covers $50 million with substantial additional capacity. A certificate of insurance in your own name is issued directly from the carrier, and coverage includes wine stored in Domaine facilities, worldwide shipping to and from Domaine facilities as well as extremes of temperature, vehicle and mechanical breakdown.
Learn More About Domaine Wine Storage
For more information, please call our Washington DC team at 202.808.0858 or click the button below to fill out a contact form.CLICK HERE TO CONTACT US ABOUT WINE STORAGE