- July 02, 2018
The Domaine Washington DC General Manager is responsible for representing Domaine in a positive and professional manner while interacting with the Washington DC wine community, effectively managing the warehouse and staff, and engaging new and old clients to meet sales goals. This position directly reports to the Operations Manager and regularly interacts with the St. Louis-based leadership team.
Position Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Respond to all client inquiries, track sales leadsand complete the sales process using company software.
- Process all new client contracts, contract renewals and ancillary billing within 7 days of receiving paperwork.
- Oversee the two-person warehouse team to:
- Schedule and manage all client service requests with speed, accuracy, and professionalism.
- Lead a weekly warehouse walk through with the warehouse team.
- Ensure that internal and external deadlines are met for the completion of all client service requests.
- Monitor shipping and receiving procedures.
- Participate in maintaining client inventories & requests as needed.
- Track, maintain and deliver Key Performance Indicators to Operations Manager.
- Arrange logistics for and participate in local collection pickups and deliveries in and around the Washington DC area.
- Participate in warehouse maintenance schedule as needed:
- Inspect warehouse and equipment.
- Communicate with Leadership for maintenance & build out needs.
- Coordinate with Property Manager as needed regarding building upkeep and repair.
- Manage vendors and associated billing for work performed at the facility.
- Attend Washington DC-based networking events as needed.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Three years’ experience in the fine wine and/or food and beverage industry is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Exceptional internal and external customer service skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to lift 40lb cases of wine properly and as much as needed
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong technological proficiency; daily use of QuickBooks, Microsoft Dynamics CRM & Proprietary Inventory Software
- Genuinely enjoy pitching in to get a job done when appropriate. In this growing company, an all-hands-on-deck attitude is sometimes required to get the job done.
Benefit Details: This full time position includes paid vacation, health insurance, a bonus pool, education stipend and charitable contributions.
Location: 4221 Connecticut Avenue NW, Rear Access, Washington DC 20008
Hours: 10am – 6pm, Monday – Friday & 12pm-3pm Saturday
To apply for this job email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com