- February 04, 2019
Chicago Warehouse Manager
The Warehouse Manager leads a 2-person team that receives, inspects, inventories, and stores privately-owned wine collections. They have a natural tendency towards organization and efficient time management and will enjoy the opportunity to build a team that is aligned with Domaine’s culture and vision. The successful candidate can communicate with clients and vendors in a professional, confident and diplomatic manner.
This position reports to the General Manager and will communicate with the Operations Manager and Facility Manager as needed, as well as other members of the Domaine leadership team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, organize, supervise and participate in daily the operations and activities of a 10,000 SF facility that maintains 55 degrees and 70% humidity in the cellar space.
- Support the warehouse team through supervision, performance review and task delegation to ensure that they carefully and accurately process and inventory wines going into and out of the facility.
- Communicate with clients regarding delivery requests, inventory questions and consolidation requests; resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Oversee logistics and planning for large inbound/outbound deliveries.
- Collaborate with General Manager and Transit Manager on the delivery and pickup schedule; prioritize deliveries and pickups based on Domaine policy and scope of services.
- Maintain client logs (creating, updating, and organizing client collection log).
- Implement and facilitate weekly maintenance (i.e. cleaning of warehouse, maintenance of wine storage areas, reporting of any mechanical issues, etc) to maintain company standards.
- Organize, log, and order product stock.
- Input inter-facility logistics billing utilizing CRM software.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to answer questions and solve problems.
- Identify areas of improvement and establish innovative ways to address them through procedure and practice.
- Prepare reports for and participate in weekly management and team meetings.
- Open/close the facility as needed.
- Collaborate with the General Manager to create and maintain an Operations Manual that is up-to-date 100% of the time.
Qualifications and Requirements
- At least 3 years of Wine Industry experience is preferred
- Exceptional internal and external customer service skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft 365, Word, and Excel
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. boxes repeatedly
- OSHA Certification and/or knowledge preferred
- Ability to life a minimum of 40 lbs. multiples times per day
- Ability to use a pallet jack/forklift or other device to move boxes/pallets (Training can be provided)
- Occasional local/regional travel
- Valid Driver’s License – CDL A Preferred
- A strong sense of and respect of confidentiality involving clients and fellow team members
- Genuinely enjoy pitching in to get a job done when appropriate. In this small company, an all-hands-on-deck attitude is sometimes required to get the job done and is always required.
Compensation Details: Salary commensurate with experience. This position includes generous paid time off; health, dental, vision, LTD insurance; 401(K) with 4% match; education stipend; charitable donations; wine education and tastings; entrepreneurial work atmosphere with opportunity for strong performers to advance quickly.
Location: 1000 N Branch, Chicago, IL 60642
Operation Hours: 10am – 6pm, Monday – Friday, 12-4pm third Saturday of the month
To apply, please send a resume with a cover letter answering the below questions to email@example.com; no phone calls please.
Please describe your experience in the following categories. Note that a lack of experience in some areas does not disqualify you for the position.
- Wine Inventory Management
- Operating forklift & delivery van or box truck
- Cleanliness in the work place
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org