- May 30, 2019
Domaine hires dynamic people. We are entrepreneurial thinkers and value a mindset that is positive and forward-moving. We choose to have fun at work in an environment where team members are given the freedom to make decisions and shape policy. Everyone moves the company forward, is an expert in their roles and elevates other team members.
We’re proud of what we do and feel fortunate to get to work in the world of fine and rare wine.
Domaine offers an opportunity to work in the service industry with benefits that are not what is normally offered: a clear career path; nights, weekends and holidays off; generous paid time off; health, dental, vision, short/long term disability insurance; 401(K) with 4% match; $1000 education stipend; $500 charitable donations; wine education and tastings; entrepreneurial work atmosphere with opportunity for strong performers to advance quickly.
In 1998 Domaine’s founder worked at a fine wine retail shop and quickly became aware of the ways in which retailers struggled to support their largest clients. He began filling in the gaps through inventory and organizational services which allowed the clients to focus on more enjoyable aspects of their hobby. This passion for wine and first-class customer service was so inspiring that his business grew quickly to include other services. Those initial services are still at the core of our work, and we have grown to offer support throughout the entire wine collecting lifecycle. We partner with new and established wine collectors to grow, sell, organize, move, store and protect their collections.
The company has 3 divisions: Advisory, Storage and Transportation and includes 5 refrigerated warehouses in Chicago, St. Louis, New York, Napa and Washington DC.
The Part Time Warehouse Associate is an expert in fine and rare wines and takes pride in maintaining data accuracy within the Domaine network. They will carefully and meticulously process wines during all stages within the facility including: inbound, inventory, placement on or removal from racks, audit and delivery/shipment preparation.
They will always present themselves with professionalism and provides first class customer service to clients and fellow team members in a manner that is in line with Domaine’s values. We are excited to onboard a positive individual who is aligned with our core values, and one that will thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment.
This position reports to the Warehouse Manager.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet visitors and clients throughout the day and accept warehouse deliveries from common carriers and preferred vendors.
- Execute client and employee requests with speed, accuracy and professionalism.
Warehouse and Wine Data
- Inventory wines; evaluate bottle conditions; record data with meticulous accuracy.
- Manage and reconcile all client inventories accurately within the agreed upon time frame.
- Place wines on and pull wines from racks.
- Update client accounts accurately regarding each billable event including inventory, packing, box purchase, consolidation, pull, prepare for shipment and research.
- Build and wrap pallets.
- Operate forklift and order picker.
- Prepare orders for delivery via local driver, UPS/FedEx and Common carriers.
- Label and organize outgoing boxes/pallets with shipping labels.
- Track, manage and prepare inbound/outbound shipments when needed.
- Drive delivery van or box truck for offsite pickups and deliveries, and home cellar management projects as needed; loading and unloading with precision and care.
- Follow Domaine operational policies and procedures 100% of the time; inform management if a policy is unclear or needs to be updated in the Operations Manual.
- Participate in warehouse and office housekeeping and organizing to uphold company brand standards.
Qualifications and Requirements
- At least 2 years of Wine Industry experience is preferred
- Exceptional internal and external customer service skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to lift 40lb boxes repeatedly
- Ability to work 25-30 hours per week
- A strong sense of and respect of confidentiality involving clients and fellow team members
- Genuinely enjoy pitching in to get a job done when appropriate. In this small company, an all-hands-on-deck attitude is sometimes required to get the job done and is always required.
Compensation Details: This is an hourly position paid every other Friday in addition to wine education, tastings, an entrepreneurial work atmosphere with opportunity for strong performers to advance quickly.
Location: Napa Facility 478 Technology Way, Napa, California 94558
Operation Hours: 8am – 4pm, Monday – Friday
To apply, please send a resume with a cover letter answering the below questions to firstname.lastname@example.org; no phone calls please.
Please describe your experience in the following categories. Note that a lack of experience in some areas does not disqualify you for the position.
- Wine Inventory Management
- Customer service and client relations
- Cleanliness and organization in the work place
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com