- May 13, 2019
Inventory and Warehouse Associate
Domaine hires dynamic people. We are entrepreneurial thinkers and value a mindset that is positive and forward-moving. We choose to have fun at work in an environment where team members are given the freedom to make decisions and shape policy. Everyone moves the company forward, is an expert in their roles and elevates other team members.
We’re proud of what we do and feel fortunate to get to work in the world of fine and rare wine.
Domaine offers an opportunity to work in the service industry with benefits that are not what is normally offered: a clear career path; nights, weekends and holidays off; generous paid time off; health, dental, vision, short/long term disability insurance; 401(K) with 4% match; $1000 education stipend; $500 charitable donations; wine education and tastings; entrepreneurial work atmosphere with opportunity for strong performers to advance quickly.
In 1998 Domaine’s founder worked at a fine wine retail shop and quickly became aware of the ways in which retailers struggled to support their largest clients. He began filling in the gaps through inventory and organizational services which allowed the clients to focus on more enjoyable aspects of their hobby. This passion for wine and first-class customer service was so inspiring that his business grew quickly to include other services. Those initial services are still at the core of our work, and we have grown to offer support throughout the entire wine collecting lifecycle. We partner with new and established wine collectors to grow, sell, organize, move, store and protect their collections.
The company has 3 divisions: Advisory, Storage and Transportation and includes 5 refrigerated warehouses in Chicago, St. Louis, New York, Napa and Washington DC.
The New York facility, located in Edison, NJ, is the largest in Domaine’s network and holds 100,000 cases of wine. The team supports the tri state area with daily refrigerated pickup and delivery.
This position reports to the Warehouse Manager.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Model professionalism at all timesand provide first class customer service to clients and fellow team members in a manner that is in line with Domaine’s values.
- Greet visitors and accept warehouse deliveries from UPS/ FedEx and common carriers.
- Carefully and meticulously process wines during all stages within the facility including:inbound, inventory, placement on or removal from racks, audit and delivery/shipment preparation.
- Inventory wines; evaluate bottle conditions; record data with meticulous accuracy.
- Clean and organize the facility.
- Place wines on and pull wines from racks.
- Update the client racking map.
- Update client accounts accurately regarding each billable event including:inventory, packing, box purchase, consolidation, pull, prepare for shipment and research.
- Prepare orders for delivery via local driver, UPS/FedEx and Common carriers.
- Label and organize outgoing boxes/pallets with shipping labels.
- Build and wrap pallets.
- Operate automatic pallet jack and order picker.
- Follow Domaine operational policies and procedures 100% of the time; inform management if a policy is unclear or needs to be updated in the Operations Manual.
Qualifications and Requirements
- At least 3 years of Wine Industry experience is preferred
- Exceptional internal and external customer service skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills with superior attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft 365, Word, and Excel
- Ability to lift 40lb boxes repeatedly
- Ability to use a pallet jack/forklift or other device to move boxes and pallets (Training can be provided)
- A strong sense of and respect of confidentiality involving clients and fellow team members
- Genuinely enjoy pitching in to get a job done when appropriate. In this small company, an all-hands-on-deck attitude is always required to get the job done and is always expected.
Location: 88 Carter Drive, Edison, NJ 08807
Operation Hours: 8am – 430pm, Monday – Friday
To apply, please send a resume with a cover letter answering the below questions to email@example.com ; no phone calls please.
- What are you searching for in your next role/company?
- Tell us a story about one of your favorite wine memories.
Please describe your experience in the following categories. Note that a lack of experience in some areas does not disqualify you for the position.
- Wine Inventory Management
- Operating forklift & delivery van or box truck
- Cleanliness in the work place
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org