- December 05, 2018
The General Manager will build and support a dynamic team that provides first class customer service to internal and external clients of the Domaine network. The candidate will have a natural tendency towards organization, demonstrate efficient time management and enjoy the opportunity to develop a team that is aligned with Domaine’s culture and vision. The successful candidate is a people leader. This person communicates professionally, confidently and diplomatically with individuals of varying backgrounds, personal and professional.
The most important priority within the first 6 months will be to learn and imbue the culture of the company at the Edison, NJ location.
Additionally, the General Manager will collaborate with headquarters to provide collaborative oversight of high level directives that will utilize their teams resources, such as competitor acquisitions and/or deployment of new warehouse management software.
The position has 5 direct reports within a team of 17. This person reports to the COO and collaborates daily with the Domaine leadership team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and support a team that is aligned with Domaine’s culture and vision; model positive leadership and an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Provide transparency to headquarters in St. Louis, MO.
- Provide guidance, prioritization and problem solving to managers and team members as it relates to all matters including incoming and current clients, services, contracts, team members, special projects and billing; ensure that related decisions are aligned with brand standards and forward movement of the company.
- Consistently evaluate processes and procedures for efficiency and efficacy; update manuals accordingly.
- Analyze input/output data to ensure that services are documented and billed per company policy; present reports to headquarters weekly.
- Confirm that new sales are in line with core services and profitability guidelines, then ensure onboarding of new clients by collaborating clean handoffs between sales, marketing and inventory teams.
- Closely monitor KPIs, billing and facility profitability in relation to projections; collaborate with leadership on variances and identify solutions.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the wine industry preferred
- Exceptional leadership experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience communicating and working with individuals from differing backgrounds
- A natural affinity for impeccable organization and attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A strong technological proficiency; daily use of Microsoft Office 365 Suite, including Dynamics CRM and proprietary wine storage management software
- Genuinely enjoy pitching in to get a job done when appropriate. In this growing company, an all-hands-on-deck attitude is sometimes required to get the job done
Salary commensurate with experience. This position includes generous paid time off; health, dental, vision, LTD insurance; 401k with 4% match; education stipend; charitable donations; wine education and tastings; entrepreneurial work atmosphere with opportunity for strong performers to advance quickly.
Domaine New York, 88 Carter Drive, Edison, NJ
To apply, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter
Anticipated start date: January 2019.
To apply for this job email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com