- June 21, 2019
Domaine hires dynamic people. We are entrepreneurial thinkers and value a mindset that is positive and forward-moving. We choose to have fun at work in an environment where team members are given the freedom to make decisions and shape policy. Everyone moves the company forward, is an expert in their roles and elevates other team members.
We’re proud of what we do and feel fortunate to get to work in the world of fine and rare wine.
Domaine offers an opportunity to work in the service industry with benefits that are not what is normally offered: a clear career path; nights, weekends and holidays off; generous paid time off; health, dental, vision, short/long term disability insurance; 401(K) with 4% match; $1000 education stipend; $500 charitable donations; wine education and tastings; entrepreneurial work atmosphere with opportunity for strong performers to advance quickly.
In 1998 Domaine’s founder worked at a fine wine retail shop and quickly became aware of the ways in which retailers struggled to support their largest clients. He began filling in the gaps through inventory and organizational services which allowed the clients to focus on more enjoyable aspects of their hobby. This passion for wine and first-class customer service was so inspiring that his business grew quickly to include other services. Those initial services are still at the core of our work, and we have grown to offer support throughout the entire wine collecting lifecycle. We partner with new and established wine collectors to grow, sell, organize, move, store and protect their collections.
The company has 3 divisions: Advisory, Storage and Transportation and includes 5 refrigerated warehouses in Chicago, St. Louis, New York, Napa and Washington DC.
The Advisory Division is a small group of fine wine experts within the Domaine network who travel around the US providing solutions to questions such as:
Moving. Who can pack, move and reinstall my collection?
Flood or Fire. Who can assess, communicate with insurance companies, remove or replace?
Divorce or Death. Who can work with the attorneys to divide, sell and manage the wine?
Too Much Wine. Who can help me sell my wine or move it to an offsite location?
Not Enough Wine. Who can help me build a collection?
A Messy Cellar. I can’t get to the wine in the back of my cellar. Who can organize it?
This position is a new role designed to bring operational expertise to a talented group of fine wine experts that work throughout the US. The candidate will be an expert leader and operator who will enjoy strengthening and growing an already successful division. They can easily navigate between communicating with high net worth individuals and holding their team members accountable at the same high level.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead, support and develop a team that provides first class customer service and executes the Advisory Division functions of
- Home cellar inventory, install and organization
- Cellar moves
- Wine collection management
- Wine import
- Selling client wine at auction
- Wine sales and fulfillment
- Grow sales in the division by
- Building relationships with current clients
- Training other divisions in how to engage clients in a manner that pushes leads to the Advisory division
- Keeping data front of mind: Review and analyze operational and billing data related to the department weekly; make actionable decisions based on data analysis
- Collaborating to develop and execute sales initiatives
- Streamlining operations for an optimal and effortless client experience
- Develop and maintain an operations manual; consistently analyze and update policies and procedures to ensure efficacy of team operations
- Assist team with client projects
Qualifications and Requirements
- Strong leader with operational expertise
- Wine experience preferred but not required
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to lift 40lb boxes repeatedly
- Ability to communicate with diverse and demanding clientele
- A strong sense of and respect of confidentiality involving clients and fellow team members
- Genuinely enjoy pitching in to get a job done when appropriate. In this small company, an all-hands-on-deck attitude is sometimes required to get the job done and is always required.
Compensation Details: Salary commensurate with experience
Location: Company Headquarters 3300 Samuel Shepard Drive St. Louis, MO 63103
Office Hours: 9am – 5pm, Monday – Friday
To apply, please send a resume with a cover letter including answers to the below questions to email@example.com; no phone calls please.
- What are you searching for in your next role/company?
- Tell us a story about one of your favorite wine memories.
- In your previous role, what deliverables were you solely responsible for producing?
- Please explain your experience in the following areas
- writing job descriptions
- holding others accountable for meeting deadlines and financial goals
- writing SOP’s/updating operations manuals
- analyzing financial data such as KPI’s and P&L statements
- collaborating with high net worth individuals
- fine and rare wine
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org