- August 13, 2021
Who We Are
A nationwide team of people with a natural connection to hospitality. We are entrepreneurial thinkers who value awareness, communication, and relationships. We care deeply about our team and believe that is reflected in our generous benefits package and company culture. We’re proud of what we do and feel fortunate to work in the world of fine and rare wine.
What We Do
In 1998 Domaine’s founder worked at a fine wine retail shop and quickly became aware of the ways in which retailers struggled to support their largest clients. He began filling in the gaps through inventory and organizational services which allowed the clients to focus on more enjoyable aspects of their hobby. This passion for wine and first-class customer service was so inspiring that his business grew quickly to include other services. Those initial services are still at the core of our work, and we have grown to offer support throughout the entire wine collecting lifecycle. We partner with new and established wine collectors to grow, sell, organize, move, store and protect their collections.
The company has 3 divisions: Advisory, Storage and Transportation and includes 5 refrigerated warehouses in Chicago, St. Louis, New York, Napa and Washington DC.
Who You Are
You are dynamic, detail-oriented, process-driven, tech-savvy, and both passionate and knowledgeable about wine. You are hands-on, a team-player who doesn’t mind flying solo, and a clear communicator. Hard work is not a deterrent, spreadsheets don’t scare you, and you consider being called a wine nerd a term of endearment.
What You’ll Do
This position allows you to shine as an educated and trustworthy representative of Domaine; executing onsite client inventory maintenance, offsite in-home cellar organization, and collection installation for our client wine collections. Local and interstate travel will be required. The Fine Wine Inventory Specialist is a full-time salaried position that is scheduled to be onsite for regular hours Mon-Fri, 10am-6pm, twice-monthly Saturday hours from 11a-1p, occasional weekend travel for regional and national travel required.
- At least 5 years of Wine Industry experience is preferred.
- Must be able to drive commercial vehicles (vans/trucks).
- Ability to work independently.
- Exceptional internal and external customer service skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with superior attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft 365, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to lift 40lb boxes and move pallets repeatedly.
- Ability to use a pallet jack/forklift or other device to move boxes and pallets (Training will be provided).
- A strong sense of and respect of confidentiality involving clients and fellow team members.
- Genuinely enjoy pitching in to get a job done when In this small company, an all- hands-on-deck attitude is always required to get the job done.
Salary commensurate with experience. This position includes generous paid time off; health, dental, vision, STD and LTD insurance; 401(K) with 4% match; $1000 education stipend; $250 charitable donations; wine education and tastings; entrepreneurial work atmosphere with opportunity for strong performers to advance quickly.
Domaine Napa: 478 Technology Way, Napa, California 94558
10:00 am – 6:00 pm, Monday – Friday, with rotating Saturday hours
Want to be a part of the Domaine team? Apply below.
Domaine is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process- please notify us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org