- October 18, 2018
The Facilities Manager will oversee every aspect of the management of 125,000SF of commercial property across 5 states that maintains 55 degrees and 70% humidity. They will collaborate with facility General Managers daily on items such as budgeting, planning and management of day-to-day mechanical operations, maintenance communications and energy management for the facilities.
In addition, they will manage the facilities leases and act as main point of contact for all landlords. During future periods of growth, the Facilities Manager will oversee the entire construction process from start to finish.
We are excited to onboard a positive individual who is aligned with our core values, and one that will thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide guidance and problem solving to Domaine General Managers regarding day-to-day operations as they relate to the mechanical, maintenance or building aspects of a facility. Document issues, solutions, associated costs and timelines.
- Develop and implement preventative maintenance and disaster recovery programs across the portfolio; oversee programs including contract negotiation and invoice reconciliation. Vendors include but are not limited to: refrigeration, humidification, generator, fire/life safety, code, MEP.
- Oversee capital design and construction projects and vendors focusing on quality, budget and schedule. Provide direction and feedback to architects, contractors and other vendors to ensure that the Domaine vision and business goals are excellently implemented.
- Provide updates for all active projects in real time using company software.
- Negotiate leases and subleases; act as main point of contact for subtenants.
- Hire and provide direction to vendors. Thoroughly review and approve estimates and invoices, resolve billing and service issues and continuously analyze vendors to ensure Domaine’s list offers the best possible service and value for company needs.
- Maintain Domaine’s high standards for facility cleanliness, organization and professionalism.
- Consistently analyze and update policies and procedures to ensure efficacy of team operations; update operations manual accordingly.
- Support COO in sourcing and purchasing interior design items to maintain design standards across Domaine facilities.
Qualifications & Requirements
- 5 years’ experience in facilities and construction oversight.
- A proven track record of creative problem-solving and demonstrated ability to identify facility issues and implement resolutions.
- Strong skills in leadership and accountability; excellent written and oral communication a must.
- Refrigeration and humidification expertise a plus.
- Genuinely enjoy pitching in to get a job done when appropriate. In this small company, an all-hands-on-deck attitude is sometimes required to get the job done and is always required when opening new warehouses.
Salary commensurate with experience. This position includes generous paid time off; health, dental, vision, LTD insurance; 401(K) with 4% match; education stipend; charitable donations; wine education and tastings; entrepreneurial work atmosphere with opportunity for strong performers to advance quickly.
Company Headquarters 3300 Samuel Shepard Drive St. Louis, MO 63103
9am – 5pm Monday – Friday
To apply, please send a resume with a cover letter answering the below questions to firstname.lastname@example.org; no phone calls please.
Please describe your experience in the following categories. Note that a lack of experience in some areas does not disqualify you for the position.
- Lease Negotiation/Management (Landlord communications)
- Industrial Refrigeration Systems
- Preventative Maintenance
- Generator Setup (Transfer Switches, Panel Details, etc)
- Machinery (Forklifts, Order Pickers, Auto Pallet Jacks, Floor Scrubbers) management
- Managing Buildings and/or personnel remotely
- Insulation applications
- Disaster recovery plans
- Lease negotiations
- Construction projects from the ground up
To apply for this job email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com