- January 21, 2021
Who We Are
A nationwide team of people with a natural connection to hospitality. We are entrepreneurial thinkers who value awareness, communication and relationships. We care deeply about our team and believe that is reflected in our generous benefits package and company culture. We’re proud of what we do and feel fortunate to work in the world of fine and rare wine.
What We Do
In 1998 Domaine’s founder worked at a fine wine retail shop and quickly became aware of the ways in which retailers struggled to support their largest clients. He began filling in the gaps through inventory and organizational services which allowed the clients to focus on more enjoyable aspects of their hobby. This passion for wine and first-class customer service was so inspiring that his business grew quickly to include other services. Those initial services are still at the core of our work, and we have grown to offer support throughout the entire wine collecting lifecycle. We partner with new and established wine collectors to grow, sell, organize, move, store and protect their collections.
Who You Are
After 15 years running Domaine, our founder knows what he is good at and what he is not. Same goes for you. You are more of a partner in the optimization of tasks and time than an assistant. You are the defender of The Calendar; a powerhouse combination of organizational prowess and masterful efficiency. You wow clients, staff, vendors, and partners with your quick wit, undeniable charm, and innovative approaches. You are eager to be the auxiliary brain, the extra set of eyes, and the fresh energy in the office. You are more than an Executive Assistant; you are a Secret Weapon.
What You’ll Do
You’ll be the right arm of the President/Founder and an essential component of his success. You’ll enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is values-driven, growth-oriented, and team-focused. You’ll exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, communicate with confidence, and act as the air-traffic controller for the founder’s day-to-day activities while keeping a sharp eye on long-term goals.
Still with us? Great! Here’s what we’d love to see from you:
- Strong work tenure: 5-10 years of experience supporting C-Level Executives.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Expert-level written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- High level of emotional maturity, very strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external clients, and vendors.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion with high net worth clients and fellow team members, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Genuinely enjoy pitching in to get a job done when appropriate. In this small company, an all-hands-on-deck attitude is always required to get the job done and is always required.
Salary commensurate with experience. This position includes generous paid time off; health, dental, vision, STD and LTD insurance; 401(K) with 4% match; $1000 education stipend; $250 charitable donations; wine education and tastings; entrepreneurial work atmosphere with opportunity for strong performers to advance quickly.
Company Headquarters: 3300 Samuel Shepard Drive St. Louis, MO 63103
9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday
Want to be a part of the Domaine team?
To apply, please send a resume with a cover letter answering the below questions to email@example.com; no phone calls, please.
Please describe your experience in the following categories. Note that a lack of experience in some areas does not disqualify you for the position.
- What are you searching for in your next role/company?
- In your previous role, what deliverables were you solely responsible for producing?
- Describe how you manage multiple deadlines.
- When you had extra time at your last job, describe ways you found to make your job more efficient?
- Tell us a story about one of your favorite wine memories.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org