- May 19, 2021
Who we are
A nationwide team of people with a natural connection to hospitality. We are entrepreneurial thinkers who value awareness, communication, and relationships. We care deeply about our team and believe that is reflected in our generous benefits package and company culture. We’re proud of what we do and feel fortunate to work in the world of fine and rare wine.
What we do
In 1998 Domaine’s founder worked at a fine wine retail shop and quickly became aware of the ways in which retailers struggled to support their largest clients. He began filling in the gaps through inventory and organizational services which allowed the clients to focus on more enjoyable aspects of their hobby. This passion for wine and first-class customer service was so inspiring that his business grew quickly to include other services. Those initial services are still at the core of our work, and we have grown to offer support throughout the entire wine collecting lifecycle. We partner with new and established wine collectors to grow, sell, organize, move, store and protect their collections.
Who you are
When asked what your secret talent is, you proudly cite your knack for organization. Your kind of people are the ones who value order over chaos, consistently outpace their competitors in an ever-changing industry, and have never met a process they couldn’t make more efficient. Your creativity? Unmatched. Your problem-solving skills? Perfection. Your communication skills? Stellar. You’re here to help build the supply-chain program of your dreams.
What you’ll do
You’ll be the magic behind the curtain and the one who makes people’s online order dreams come true. Although comfortable working on your own, your customer service skills will often be on display while dealing with internal and external clients. This will be your opportunity to use your technology know-how to help our team up-level our processes and reach.
Still with us? Great! Here’s what we’d love to see from you
- High attention to detail and appreciation for well-defined, and organized business processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years of relevant experience preferred
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to lift 50lb boxes repeatedly
- Ability to use a pallet jack/forklift or other device to move boxes and pallets (Training can be provided)
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Exceptional internal and external customer service skills
- A successful track record working in a high-volume environment
- Proficient in Microsoft 365, Word, and Excel
- Some wine industry experience is preferred
- A strong sense of and respect of confidentiality involving clients and fellow team members
- Genuinely enjoy pitching in to get a job done when appropriate. In this small company, an all-hands-on-deck attitude is always required to get the job done.
Salary commensurate with experience, starting at $40,000. This position includes generous paid time off; health, dental, vision, STD and LTD insurance; 401(K) with 4% match; $1000 education stipend; $250 charitable donations; wine education and tastings; entrepreneurial work atmosphere with opportunity for strong performers to advance quickly.
Company Headquarters: 3300 Samuel Shepard Drive St. Louis, MO 63103
10 am – 6 pm, Monday – Friday; intermittent 11 am – 1 pm, Saturdays