- April 20, 2020
Who We Are
A nationwide team of people with a natural connection to hospitality. We are entrepreneurial thinkers who value awareness, communication and relationships. We care deeply about our team and believe that is reflected in our generous benefits package and company culture. We’re proud of what we do and feel fortunate to work in the world of fine and rare wine.
What We Do
In 1998 Domaine’s founder worked at a fine wine retail shop and quickly became aware of the ways in which retailers struggled to support their largest clients. He began filling in the gaps through inventory and organizational services which allowed the clients to focus on more enjoyable aspects of their hobby. This passion for wine and first-class customer service was so inspiring that his business grew quickly to include other services. Those initial services are still at the core of our work, and we have grown to offer support throughout the entire wine collecting lifecycle. We partner with new and established wine collectors to grow, sell, organize, move, store and protect their collections.
Still with us? Great! Here’s what we’d love to see from you:
- Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
- Oversees the production of periodic financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles
- Manages the operations of the Accounting Department which include accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations and payroll
- Develops Accounting staff and collaborates with the CFO to maintain a team structure capable of supporting the company’s goals and objectives
- Strategically manages cash flow and assists with financing initiatives
- Ensures that debt payments are made in a timely manner
- Assist with preparation of annual budget and financial forecasting
- Analyzes financial and operational metrics to detect potential areas for improvement
- Communicates financial results periodically with General Managers and other non-Accounting staff
- Develops and maintains expertise in accounting systems used; identifies opportunities for efficiency through automation
- Works with external auditors and provides needed information for the annual review/audit.
- Files sales/use taxes and personal property taxes in multiples states
- Assists with compliance related to corporate registrations, licensing and permits
Qualifications & Requirements:
- A minimum of 5 years experience general accounting
- A minimum of 2 years experience managing accounting staff
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA certification preferred
- Ability to effectively and confidently relay the value of company services to clients
- Strong work ethic, problem-solving skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills and team-player mindset
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with Sage Intacct a plus
Salary commensurate with experience. This position includes generous paid time off; health, dental, vision, STD and LTD insurance; 401(K) with 4% match; $1000 education stipend; $250 charitable donations; wine education and tastings; entrepreneurial work atmosphere with opportunity for strong performers to advance quickly.
Company Headquarters 3300 Samuel Shepard Drive St. Louis, MO 63103
9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday