When moving wine from one place to another you must always choose a wine shipping company with care. Do not assume that they have your collections best interest in mind! At Domaine Wine Storage facilities we receive too many pallets from shippers that have not handled clients wine properly. Worse yet, 60 cases of Charlie Trotters wine was stolen last November en route to Christies in New York! Read more about the Charlie Trotters shipment here.
Domaine Transit has never had a pallet stolen and employs an array of best practices to minimize risk. Below are a few quick points to remember when vetting a shipper, but better yet, just contact our transit team and leave the details to them!
- Point to point delivery only whenever possible
- Ship only in refrigerated trucks
- Minimize distribution centers wherever possible
- Ensure that yourself and the carrier are properly insured
- Use black pallet wrap for maximum privacy
- Double check your packing list