Domaine means home:
For wine and those who adore it
Domaine enables the intrepid wine lover to pursue their passion with ease and enjoyment.
Founded in 2003, we began our journey as passionate wine collectors helping others at home. As members of the Saint Louis wine scene, we noticed that our peers were constantly in need of — and unable to find — help organizing and managing their collections. We stepped in to fill the gap, and that’s when Domaine was born.
After a few years in cellars, a pattern emerged: even with professional guidance, collectors nearly always ended up with too much wine for their spaces, with no adequate solutions. Thus in 2006, we opened our first state-of-the-art wine storage facility in Saint Louis. Immediately, it became clear that this was the future of Domaine. Our space wasn’t just a storage warehouse for client wines, but also a sort of wine-focused community center. The lounge allowed clients to open bottles, sharing their beloved hobby with each other and our equally passionate team of experts. Word got around and our community grew.
The rest is history. We’ve since expanded our network to include 5 other wine storage facilities in Chicago, Washington DC, Napa, New Jersey (outside NYC) and Florida (outside Ft. Lauderdale). Our client list now covers all 50 States and most continents, in addition to each local team serving their respective regions. We travel far and wide to assist wine collectors however and wherever they need.
And we’re still the same avid wine lovers we’ve always been, collecting and sharing our own bottles when we’re not caring for others’. That’s who Domaine is, and always will be: the wine person’s wine people. Our industry-leading reach is also expanding even further, with plans to open more storage facilities nationwide, so if we’re not neighbors now, we might be very soon.
- Over 2.5 million bottles stored
- 6 facilities nationwide
- 55° and 70% humidity — ideal conditions
- Backup security & environmental systems
- Online inventory management client portal
- Catalog wines in home and off-site cellars
- Clean up cellar space for ease of enjoyment and accessibility
- Weinbox™ modular, portable storage bins
- Domaine’s industry-best cardboard boxes, 45% thicker than average
- Domestic & international shipping
- Cellar relocation & installation
- Climate-controlled local delivery & pick-up from Domaine facilities
Acquire & Sell
- Auctions made easy, for buying and selling
- Consign wines through our retail division, Cellar Trading
- Market intelligence & insights
- Comprehensive wine coverage
- Competitive rates
- Policies through Lloyd’s of London
- Available short or long term